08 August 2021

Holiday Activity

 While on vacation in Spain with my family we have walked a lot. That was mostly connected to sightseeing and just breathing in the atmosphere of the cities we visited. Today however we took on a greater challenge. 

On our way to the seaside, we have decided to make a stop at Giblartar (which of course is at the seaside as well) where we went trekking on the hill called Rock of Gibraltar. I do not know if it can be called a mountain but I do know that it is 426m high and the paths on it have over 8km. I am not sure how much we walked, but it was a large portion of them. 

The most exciting part of the trekking trip was that we got to see the monkeys! They are called macaques and there are over 300 of them. I saw many of the monkeys, some very young and some fully grown. 

Even though it was so exciting to be there the walk turned out to be pretty tiring, but definitely worth it. 

From this experience, I have learned a lot about Gibraltar, and macaques, but what is more important I was exercising even or especially on holidays and I decided that I believe there should be more places like the Rock instead of zoos. It was amazing to see those animals in nature, not caged and living a free life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment