21 July 2021

Holiday Activity

 Today my aunt, my cousins and I went on a bike trip together!

I haven't ridden a bike since... over two years ago. I wasn't convinced that the bike trip is a good idea and moreover the one I would enjoy but the perspective over real quality time with my family won over my dislike of bikes. 

We rode through the forest, close-by village, and another forest for about 3.5km to see the oldest pine tree in Poland. It was not that far, so we decided to circle and ride around some more, stopping for ice cream in the meantime.

This experience taught me that the expression "it's like riding a bike" is definitely justified, that it is good to try things one has tried and have not liked that much over again - maybe it will not become one's favourite activity, but it might not be as bad as one remembered. 

I also had to focus and keep the same speed throughout the whole rode, which had been tricky at times. 



No comments:

Post a Comment