24 February 2022

Amnesty International

Yesterday was the last Amnesty International meeting that I will document on my CAS Blog. It started off with a presentation about protests that are and have been taking place in Canada lately. It was supposed to be the main topic of the meeting but we quickly drifted to what is now on all of our minds - War in Ukraine. 

The meeting took place yesterday and some shared their opinion that there definitely wouldn't be a war, that Putin has no interest in such and would not achieve anything this way. The majority of us, however, feared the consequences of an escalating conflict.

Looking at it from today's perspective, when the first thing I heard after waking up is that the Russian army has attacked Ukraine, it's a completely different discussion. I have started to think about ways that I can help, and I know so have many of my friends. We're with you Ukraine!!


No comments:

Post a Comment