04 January 2022

Snowboarding

 Last week my family and I have gone skiing in Italy. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we had to skip our yearly trip last year, but now the situation in Italy was calm enough for us to be able to go.

My parents were skiing and me and my sister have been snowboarding. I started to learn it a few years ago, last season just beginning to learn the turns. In addition to a 2 year-long break, I was really worried about my abilities this season. 

I was happy to find out that I still knew how to move on my board and have time doing it, however, the turns were an unbelievable challenge. I don't think I succeeded in making a single one during the first day. I was sad about that, but still excited for a week of winter holiday and just being in the high, white mountains. 

On the second and third days, I had booked lessons. We started slow, with how to fall safely, how to go with my back to the slope and so on. Then we got to turns. 

It was hard work on my part this entire week, but I enjoyed every bit of it. I had to plan the week beforehand: time with family, lunch breaks, lessons. I was proud of myself for not getting discouraged despite many falls, and even prouder when on the last day the turns weren't a problem for me. At all!

At the end of each day I would be extremely tired, but the feeling was rewarding and great. If I could stay here for another week, I would. 




No comments:

Post a Comment