27 August 2021

Holiday Activity

 I spend the entirety of last week on a yacht with my friend's family. I love sailing - the wind, water, sails, and you. It's just perfect. 

During the cruise, I spent a lot of time swimming in the water with my friend's siblings, playing and moving on a stand-up paddle, and just overall enjoying the Italian sea. 

However, my favourite and most important part of the yacht trip was sailing. I was surprised to find out I am one of the better-prepared people there, in terms of knowledge of sailing itself. And I was delighted when the wind finally appeared. 

We switched from the engine to sail power and I got hold of the store. The navigating was very different from what I'm used to as it was a big yacht and on the sea, not the lake. It took me a while to feel the boat and start making it go where I wish, but as that happened everything was perfect. 

I realized I have a lot to learn in terms of sailing on a big boat - my experience is mostly on optimists and Mazury yachts, but I also had so much fun. I learned something from the captain of our ship and I'd like to believe he has learned something from me as well. 

It was an unforgettable experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment