04 July 2021

Holiday Creativity

 Yesterday was my mom's birthday and I decided to do something special for her. As my sister is abroad and my dad is dreadful at cooking I took up the challenge of making her a cake by myself. 

It took lots of planning as I had to find the idea and the recipe for the ideal, original cake. I wanted it to be strawberry as it is still strawberry season. 

After I found the recipe I had to make the cake, I started doing it on Thursday, baked it on Friday, and made all the frosting yesterday. The biscuit of the cake was strawberry in itself which is what made it that hard. 

I had to improvise with the frosting as I wanted the cake to be one of the kind. Finally, I decided on three kinds: chocolate, orange, and strawberry. It took me so much time to complete but it was definitely worth it!

The hardest part of making this surprise birthday cake was that it had to be a secret, made in a room where my mom spends lots of time and, more importantly, I could not ask the person who knows the art of cooking best for help as she was not supposed to know anything.

Thankfully I managed to complete my goal and the cake was (and part of it still is) delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment