05 June 2021

Violin Lesson

Today I started my violin lesson by playing the c minor scale in 3rd position. I am happy to say that it is getting easier for me to play minor scales without having to focus this much on the signs they have - it starts to come naturally.

Next I came back to a Dashilla's Sea Shanty, a piece I have not played in a long time but it's in this scale, so my teacher thought it would be a good time to remind it. 

The first time I played it today I was not satisfied with it at all, but the second way around it sounded really great. I just needed that first one to remember it correctly. 

Then, I spend nearly half a lesson mastering the piece described in my previous post. It is extremely hard, I think the hardest I have played this year, but I would say it is going pretty well. 

I am happy with the progress I am making especially that the very act of making music brings me so much joy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment