05 May 2021

Windsurfing!

 As I have written in the previous post this week I am spending on an Island. I have decided to spend this time learning how to windsurf. 

My trainer is from Italy (although Fuerteventura lies in Spain) and he is teaching me in English. The first question he asked was how much experience I have. I said that I have had just one lesson before but I loved it and am eager to learn more. He was surprised and a little worried as the wind was strong today, but begun to teach me. 

At the lesson I got to practising both turns - one where you move in front of the mast and the other when you move behind it. I immediately got the ring of it and although we haven't left the beach I had so much fun!

I have some experience with wind so I did not find that part hard at all. I am also very proud to say I have fallen only a few times, which I think is amazing for a beginner I am. 

After the lesson my trainer asked whether I really had just one windsurfing lesson before.

I am extremely excited to come back tomorrow!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment