25 February 2021

Violin Lesson

 Today I started to play a song from a famous musical. It's called Memory and comes from Cats the Musical. The music to this song was written by Andrew Lloyd Webber. 

I started the lesson by playing one of basic scales - a minor, in which the song is set. After practising many variations of it I went to the song itself. 

This song, however short, has an interesting part. The kind of notes called 'duola' occur in it. They are two notes that take as long as three. It is the first time ever I met something like this and it felt really unnatural to me. 

Every time I played them I had a feeling that I am doing something wrong, but my teacher said that is the way they should be played, and with practise it will stop sounding so weird. I hope it does, but at the same time I'm glad there are still some entirely new things in the art of violin for me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment